New update -- Creatures!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New update -- Creatures!

Postby Mataxes » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Here's this week's preview, courtesy of R.S. Tilton, a look at the work he has been doing on creatures.

http://www.fasagames.com/blog/?post_id= ... -creatures
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

FreeBooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New update -- Creatures!

Postby FreeBooter » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks for the update! Nice to see that you're addressing some of the... oddities... in the stats of many of the mundane creatures in previous editions. Having some templates to add looks good, too, and the behavior entries will be useful. Maybe you could add a habitat entry to the statblock, as well?

RSTilton

Postby RSTilton » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

Hey Freebooter, in general habitats have traditionally appeared in the body of the descriptive text. I'll talk over it with Josh, it possible that having a habitat listing which is less words might be desirable in the digest format.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Looks good. :) I like some of the mechanics I see there.

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm liking this approach.

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 pm

One thing that bugged me was unique powers listed in the section with more generic powers - lots of things have leaping (although I would rather it were simply called leaping to avoid confusion with the talent, but that's a quibble), but only one thing bogs gobs, and there is no reason why the reader should have to flip to another area to find it. That red temple terror karma power is cool. Feels a little Conan the Barbarian.

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi. I like the legendary/named creatures and how they scale from normal versions. I like the ease of use to make new critters or scale them. I'd like to see a new fantastical critter as I feel apes are . . . well . . . apes.

Also I noticed some repetition of words and inconsistencies in spelling for "troop," troupe vs troop. Regardless, I like what I saw. :)

Kuraneko

Postby Kuraneko » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:38 am

Hi! It's looks like great. Just one question. Will you make conversion from single creature to pack of creatures? Sometimes it'd be very useful, and the combat'd be more faster and easier. Thanks

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:46 am

Kuraneko - great question!

Roth

Postby Roth » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Not too many comments to make at this time, the sample isn't large enough.

Not a fan of the Silverback having a lower PD than the normal apes.

Return to “Product Discussion”