Questions and answers...

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questions and answers...

Postby Mataxes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Okay, I have been kind of under the weather the past week, and am going to be off my normal 9-5 tomorrow. I'm also a little bit stuck in terms of what to post tomorrow in terms of my developer blog.

So, this thread.

Are there questions you have about the upcoming edition, either in general or specific? Keep in mind that I can't necessarily answer them all, or in as much detail as you might like, but let's have the next several hours be taken up with questions, and I'll put together a post tomorrow answering as many of them as best I can.

So have at it!
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Sundahk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Questions and answers...

Postby Sundahk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 pm

There's been a lot of talk regarding changes, what can you tell us about new material? I posted my question in another thread but got no satisfactory answer. So here it is again:

New Talents? (it would be great to see a lot more more Talents for Circles 9-15 that are more iconic for different Disciplines)
New spells? (can never have enough Spells!).
New creatures? (I've been making up my own since the players fought everything in the books twice over in the first 10 years :D ).

Cheers :)

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:25 am

We have seen a lot on mechanics updates, right now i'm more interested in an update on the world. I heard King Neden is dead, what does the public know about that? Maybe a Throalic eye view on the Theran War? Major engagements, major players, current standings, etc.
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:26 am

I'll second Tanthalas' sentiment on wanting some more world update info. Going along those same lines, I'm curious how the new source books (Elven Nations, Travar, etc) are planned to fall into the progressed plot. Not necessarily plot spoilers, more along the lines of what open story arcs they'll be expanding on and what order they'll come in with relation to each other.

Sangeet

Postby Sangeet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 am

I think there were some rules which need more clarification, especially the combat rules for "sneaking" "hiding in shadows" for scout and thief character classes. Ideally with examples how that would work.
Area of effect's should be clarified.

Also some tactical options need to be introduced for the people who like miniature combat: "flanking rules", "hindering terrain" is what comes to my mind.

Does miniatures have a line of sight ? Is it just the front of the miniature, or 360* vision?

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 am

I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Seconded on that! Tactical maps are fine if you want them, but one thing I love about Earthdawn is that they've never been necessary. Combat is more descriptive, and there's a lot of just.. reasonable assumptions, like if your opponent runs around behind you, you probably turn to keep facing them, without needing a lot of graphs and charts and protractors and whatnot.

...Anyway, um, questions!

How are the Horrors being worked with the time movement? Are any new ones being `found'? Are some of the old ones getting updated? What's Nemesis up to these days? And on a related note, what about the Mad Passions? Does Thera not winning Barsaive set Dis back, or is she just fine with the way things are going in Iopos, for instance?
Last edited by Utsukushi on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 pm

You are going to be releasing Travar and Elven Nations. Are there plans to release similar books down the road for any of the other cities such as Iopos, Urupa, and Jerris. If so what sort of time table are you looking at it.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Post is up! I took on two of the questions here (even if one of them counts as three questions, it actually provided a good jumping-off point for something I wanted to show off).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Return to “Product Discussion”