Swordmaster Preview!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Swordmaster Preview!

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Looks good so far! I also would like the "Karma on Interaction tests" ability to be more clear (to avoid the old "attribute only" confusion). If it does count for any "Social Interaction" Test, including Talents, that should be explicit. Also, a note if it does or does not stack with the Talent Karma would be good. Otherwise it will be 2 Karma on Taunt from 3rd Circle on.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Interaction tests are the social tests for, well, the majority of the social system (located in the GM's guide). Talents tend to support that through improving attitude - First Impression - or giving a direct bonus - Lasting Impression. Making an Impression, Intimidation, getting a favor, etc. - all of that is under Interaction tests. Talent tests are not Interaction tests unless it is specifically called out.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Nahor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nahor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm really liking this a lot. It very much captures the essence of a SM.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:34 pm

@Panda: That's my interpretation, but as the definition is in the GM's Guide players may be confused without access to that reference. Maybe, "Karma on Interaction Tests (see GMG, page XX)". I'll check the phrasing in the GMG when I get home, but I know my players previously had confusion on this.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:48 pm

That's just the dev copy I copied from my files - which means that little of the language has been cleaned up yet. The confusion indicates that clarity on what exactly that is will be important.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Danger

Postby Danger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Last edited by Danger on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danger

Postby Danger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 pm

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

So... it can be used on subsequent encounters, basically an initial attitude boost?
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Danger

Postby Danger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”