Let's Talk About Forge

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Let's Talk About Forge

Postby Mataxes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 am

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 am

Josh Harrison --

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 am

Josh Harrison --

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 am

Josh Harrison --

bleeding

Postby bleeding » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:14 pm

bleeding

Postby bleeding » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 pm

I would rather thread weapons have most of their effects not be regular damage. A damage boost is just kind of boring.

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 pm

I agree with Slim wholeheartedly. Now that thread weapons forge just like regular weapons you can easily excuse an item with fewer damage increases and more flavor related benefits.
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I accept your rationale for the changes and in order to make them you most certainly had to remove AD hits. This sort of thing really reassures me that you are trying to look at all the potential implications for each major change. I have 2 questions related to this however.

1. What about shields? You've avoided discussing them here but these changes are going to affect them significantly. The way I see it, either you will be able to forge shields too (meaning characters with shields will have twice as much armour as those without and resulting in some characters whose armour far outstrips the average damage value of weapons, or they can't be forged (which makes them almost utterly useless after a certain point). I suppose you could also go halfways but I'm not sure if this is particularly helpful. An alternative would be not allow forging but change the way they work by letting their bonus add on to active defences and allowing those who do not have these talents/ skills to make this roll with a shield. Anyway I'm just curious what your thinking is on this?

2. This one is specifically directed at Josh and just for my own curiosity? Is your favourite Discipline the Weaponsmith? I very much get the feeling that it is.
:)

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”