Eleventh Hour Preview: Wizard

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Eleventh Hour Preview: Wizard

Postby Gkeckley » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Maybe its just me being paranoid but even if I was in a safe zone if I am given a choice I would always use the matrix. I mean why take the risk unless you absolutely have to. Just because it was a safe zone yesterday does not mean it is a safe zone today. Also if I know a mage that did not even have a matrix because hey I always cast in a safe zone, then I would never trust the mage and would probably treat him as marked even if he was not marked. Better to be safe than sorry.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm

In throal? Come ooooon :P
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Braza's Kingdom.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gkeckley » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Yes even in Throal. Assume no where is safe from the horrors. Just because astral space looks safe does not mean it necessarily is. What if some horror found a way to cover their tracks in astral. I know it is paranoid but you are dealing with freaking horrors, take them lightly and assume your safe, and you end up paying the price.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:09 pm

I agree with Gkeckley. You may be avoiding Corruption Damage by casting in a "Safe" Astral zone, but there's always the risk of Horrors noticing your Astral Flare.

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

I always treat a large population center as Open space at best. Even if there isn't a Horror around (which actually makes the area easier for them to hide in. Marked victims would have more of a crowd to blend into), having that many people in close quarters is going to create some emotional noise in the astral. Generally, the only places I treat as Safe are areas specifically set up to be safe havens or sufficiently removed from any external noise to be peaceful and serene, like a passion's temple or a quiet study away from main living areas.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Even in a Safe region, Raw casting can hurt and possibly kill you. Unlikely, but open ending dice are a bitch that way. :D

I look at it this way: At this point of the timeline, Matrixes are required teaching. While they may have been adapted from other methods, over the hundreds of years since then, the Names of the Disciplines have changed to include Matrixes in the Disciplines Pattern.

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 am

A consideration to bear in mind is that the Spell Matrix talent is a relatively recent invention, invented by Nethermancers after the end of the Scourge. (Reference: ED1, Magic: A Manual of Mystic Secrets, "Spell Matrix Objects," p.39). Just prior to and throughout the Scourge, Spell Matrix Objects were the filters used (apart from Raw Magic, but y'all know how that generally turns out). :)

Roth

Postby Roth » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”