Fourth Edition Preview -- A whole lot of talents

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Re: Fourth Edition Preview -- A whole lot of talents

Postby kosmit » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Have you given thoughts to make different Matrix types as knacks and let adepts choose which types of Matrix they want to use?

I am also wondering if you are planning to release revised cathay disciplines? I am concerned because of Daughter of Heaven/Illusionist in my Group.

As far as I can see from the whole bunch of options we presented in the case of knocking down you decided just to drop +3 modifier? Or you are still gminy to revise it?

I like the way that similar talents were combined (temperatury other and self I am looking at you!)

Awarness may be a bit imbalanced and for Disciplines that most likely will have that with karma on perception-only test which will be useless.
Duvvelsheyss

Nahor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nahor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Nahor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nahor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Without actually having the book on me to read it, what made Spirit Dodge so overly powerful that it warranted removal?

Also, I too like Parry, unless Riposte assumes that talent and requires you to commit one roll for the parry and depending on success then get a second roll for the damage. And in that case it should then be called as one talent, Parry & (give it a fancy "and") Riposte. :)

With regards to Silent Walk/Stealthy Stride, I think you could have kept the cooler name of Silent Walk and still add the extra, this allows you to walk quietly and also hide in shadows. Otherwise just call it Shadow Walk or make it an adverb, Silently Walking in Shadows. :P Or with Roth's attitude built in name it Stealth-mode 4tw.

bleeding

Postby bleeding » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm

"Direction Sense -- Third Edition introduced this talent, which worked exactly like Direction Arrow, but didn't include the launching an arrow into the air. The two talents have been combined, with flavor text explaining that different Disciplines express this in different ways. (I admit, I am not thrilled with the name, as the implied effect seems to be more of a compass-heading kind of thing. If anybody has a suggestion, I welcome it.)"

Why not Location Ritual ? The goal of the talent is to locate a target with some kind of ritual such as the Archer firing his arrow.

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Josh Harrison --

Grov

Postby Grov » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Josh Harrison --

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Josh Harrison --

Return to “Product Discussion”