Forge Weapon and Forge Armor

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Forge Weapon and Forge Armor

Postby Gkeckley » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:29 am

I have a question if any thought has been given to these two talents. As it stands in third edition Forge Weapon is good at the low circles until the party gets threaded weapons. Then after that it becomes a talent that you use to make money or outfit friends or minions outside your group. Forge armor is even worse. By the time you get access everyone in the group already has their armor forged or has threaded armor. So again the talent is used for making money or outfitting people not in your group. I have always envisioned these talents as enhancing the groups offensive and defensive abilities, but they really just do not seem to accomplish this. Is this something that is being addressed or at least looked at?

etherial

Re: Forge Weapon and Forge Armor

Postby etherial » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:23 am

I believe it has been stated that Forge Foo will be usable on thread items in ED4.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:38 am

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks. I missed that update. Really glad to hear this.

Notaure

Postby Notaure » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Why to have two talents yet?
I mean a weaponsmith know how to forge or don't know. It' strange to separate armor and weapon?
IMO, a single forge talent would have been simpler...
Notaure, a french fan of Earthdawn

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”