ED4 Talents and Progression

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Stormcrow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ED4 Talents and Progression

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Tanthalas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tanthalas » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Etorian

Postby Etorian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Kcinlive

Postby Kcinlive » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks for the replies. That's kind of what I thought.

I understand the reasoning behind the spell matrices. Though it seems a bit "heavy handed" to me. You'd think there would be a better way to handle the Wizard/Nethermancer/Elementalist/illusionist multiclassing problem and the human versatility problem.

Also I understand the idea of viewing the world through your discipline, but having a different version of threadweaving for each discipline, even if it is just a name change, seems "silly" to me. But to each his own. I was just curious, not trying to start an argument. :]

Having said that, putting threadweaving as first circle sounds like a great idea to me. Previously only caster were able to thread something at first circle. That means you could have a thread item for 3 circles and not be able to use the magic. Assuming you're GM was generous.

Thanks again.

-Kcinlive

Etorian

Postby Etorian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Etorian

Postby Etorian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:26 pm

That's true. I forgot you could get R/W magic as a skill, I just wouldn't allow that. I wasn't thinking about a caster trying to gain more lists, are the matrix items still universal even though the matrices aren't? I assumed that would be changed along with the talents. If not then that makes matrix items quite a bit better than they were in 1st ed and lessens having to buy more matrices as an inhibitor.

In our games we usually only have one, maybe two spell casters in the group and only one human at a time usually so whenever the human picks up another spell list the other players are usually glad for the backup utility rather than being mad about power balance but it's a good point.

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

As far as I am aware, I don't think matricies have ever been Discipline specific. I could be wrong on that, but I know that nothing I have ever read that I have actually played through has said that specifically.

Return to “Product Discussion”