4th Ed. Skills What do we know....

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hollowbone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

4th Ed. Skills What do we know....

Postby Hollowbone » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 pm

...and when will we know more?

I have seen a lot of personal suggestions and opinions, but what is the official word? When I mention to my gaming buddies that a new Earthdawn is coming out there first question about the system is "what are they doing about skills" The talent/skill parity eventually become an issue with every group I played with. Skill focused characters and lenient GM's kinda took the magic out of being an adept at times.

I know I may be alone in saying this but I actually liked what LRG's attempted with 2nd ed. Although we never played and I consider (like most) it a failure the recent Savage Worlds version did demonstrate how having a skill system separate and complete from the talent schema could work. My group made a few SW characters and it certainly allowed some "fleshing out" of concepts and allowed disciplines to remain distinct.

We remove skills at one point from our 1st ed. game and used background/aspect type ranks and it worked very well (Town guard rnk 3, or thief rnk 1). The above was great for npc's and filling in character backgrounds. We also folded half-magic into this system as a background you could spend karma on.

Looking forward to the game,

Dustin

Etorian

Re: 4th Ed. Skills What do we know....

Postby Etorian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Quick question from me. What are the character gen skill rules in 3rd ed? Do they progress on the same LP cost as in 1st ed? I don't have a lot of 3rd ed experience but I want to potentially chime in here. Anyone that could educate me please?

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Etorian

Postby Etorian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Great Thanks! What about starting? How many ranks do you get and are their any limiters?

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”