Questions about Travar, Elven Nations, Questors, & Metaplot

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Flowswithdrek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Questions about Travar, Elven Nations, Questors, & Metap

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:38 pm

The time line is only moving on 5 years so I can't see the influence of the Horrors suddenly diminishing in that short period. As long as the magic level is stable I would imagine the Horrors that have managed to maintain a presence are here to stay until they are hunted down and destroyed. With Travar being so close to the Badlands the threat from Horrors is actually growing from their perspective, not receding.

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 pm

I believe I remember seeing a statement that Horrors will be less of a focus with moving the timeline forward, in order to shift more on the Therans and on the world as a whole. This may have been in reference to earlier projects that are now tying in with the edition change, so the weight of that may or may not be present with how things are going now. That said, even assuming it is still fully relevant for the current project, I believe that this is only in regards to what areas are going to be written about. As far as the in game threat level is concerned, I have not seen anything that says the Horrors are diminished in power at all. They may be beaten back in certain areas by adept actions, but that will likely just mean they are coming out all the stronger in other places.

Trejes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Trejes » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:40 am

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:10 am

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure exactly what edition it was from. I'm pretty sure its also repeated in the 3rd edition guide, but don't have that handy for a page number.

Henghyoke

Postby Henghyoke » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”