Ideas to get the Kickstarter Moving!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Etorian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ideas to get the Kickstarter Moving!

Postby Etorian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Why don't you see if you can get GenCon to post a link to the kickstarter on their Facebook account/forums? It might spark some interest and get us moving again. They've done it for other projects.

Also could we please get a figure/tracker for the paypal contributions at the FASA store! I was pitching this kickstarter to my gaming group this weekend and got soft commitments but they aren't budging until they see a companion in the works and are hesitant about which option to back without knowing if there's any chance to hit the 100,000 mark with all the PDFs.

I doubt I'm the only one out here trying to get a buzz going with my group and every bit of info helps!

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Ideas to get the Kickstarter Moving!

Postby Mataxes » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

With regard to the paypal/online store thing, we haven't gotten as big a surge out of that as some people seem to expect. I don't know whether it's a lack of awareness or what, but it's kind of low.

As of right now, the 60k goal is easily in reach. As of right now, we are a touch shy of $55k with more than a week to go (that's without the PayPal contributions, which I don't have the numbers on right at the moment). If the current trend holds, $100k isn't going to happen, and the $80k goal is a long shot. We had a crazy initial surge, but pretty steady growth since then.

As we get closer to the end, we may tweak things slightly to try and boost, or maybe shift some rewards around (maybe not doing all PDFs, but maybe the ones that have been unlocked, that sort of thing -- no guarantees on that, just spitballing). But all things considered it has been a tremendous success and I'm happy with the way things have gone.

No I just need to deliver the goods.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 pm

You need to post everyday update and previews during last week.
Duvvelsheyss

Mountainshadow

Postby Mountainshadow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:13 am

I guess that the lack of backers through the Paypal option is simply because most people aren't aware of it - I myself stumbled over it just yesterday and more by accident than purpose since it wasn't mentioned on the Forum - as far as I'm aware.

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 am

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 am

I agree with flows. Every other day would probably be good. Making sure you post an update on the last day.

Make sure you have a lot of cross-pollination, there is a good community here on the forums, add to that the amazing details you have in the developers blog, and the conversations going on in the Kickstarter and there is quite a bit of information floating out there for potential investors. Make sure it is easy for people to access.

Also, Metaxes, I know this is your baby, but a statement from Babcock, seeing as he is at the helm of FASA stating his support for you, the product, and its goals for the company could go a long way to engendering good will.

A final push to other forums like rpg.net and maybe even dumpshock and sr4 could be a good idea. Have you contacted any gaming blogs about it? Old school sites like gnomestew.com may be willing to give some more free publicity to the kickstarter campaign.

If you are going to modify the stretch goals, make sure you always do it for the better and make sure you do it early so that everybody knows. Good luck guys! Keeping my fingers crossed for 80k!
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Return to “Product Discussion”