Passions and Questors - What Would You Like to See?1

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Notaure
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Passions and Questors - What Would You Like to See?1

Postby Notaure » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 am

Notaure, a french fan of Earthdawn

Stormcrow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stormcrow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 am

I'd like to see something like this:

http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/arti ... eb0f000001

...but then again I would because I wrote it. Basically, I'd like it to be similar in function but balanced so that it doesn't overshadow adepts. I think this framework also better allows room for future development on Questor powers and a bit more distinctiveness between Questors of the same Passion.

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Stormcrow, I'm getting a host error for that link. Love to see what you have written!
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm

How strange. It works for me, It's on Flagg's ED Compendium site. Under articles/ house rules/ questors and half adepts. It's very early stages though. I haven't attempted to do the balancing. Just put forward a framework for how it might be done.

http://www.earthdawncompendium.com

All comments (negative or otherwise) welcome

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:10 pm

The Earthdawncompendium looks like its down again, and its just the back up version that is displaying. I would say that's why the direct link to the article is not working (its not).

This page (http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site

Hollowbone

Postby Hollowbone » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:04 pm

I think having Questors, Light-Bearers and other groups (including parties) work as magic items would be a great way to work them in and maintain balance. You spend legend points as you learn more about the group and increase your thread rank you are tying to the groups pattern. I know this is very similar to the way earlier editions work it, but I would make it formulaic and simple to work with. This would allow some design space for creating other groups.

In addition, I would drop some of the racial specific disciplines and let them be "groups" instead. Liberators and Purifiers I'm looking at you.

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Purifiers are a perfectly viable discipline. Don't go thinking they are worth sacrifice or deletion. Maybe I'll give you Liberators, but not Purifiers. That discipline is amazing: it's an eco-monk essentially.

Hollowbone

Postby Hollowbone » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 pm

I dig purifiers! But a purifier elementalist or a purifier warrior without the drama of multi-discipline shenanigans would be rad!

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:40 pm

I could see making an order to function in addition to the Discipline. For example, the Scholar Discipline was added with the Cathay books. They functioned out of the Tower of Secrets, and other types of scholars not of the Discipline worked there as well. I wouldn't drop the Discipline at all, but giving a title for someone else with similat goals to work with them makes sense.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Perhaps developing a bit more the Harbingers? Have them more related to their Passion with special powers.

Return to “Product Discussion”