Seeking some feedback on a possible ED4 change

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Re: Seeking some feedback on a possible ED4 change

Postby kosmit » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Try to knockdown windling which is around 40 pounds, and obsidiman which is rougly 800 pounds. They should be harder to knockdown ;)

Also Knocking Down not necessarly slows the game. Knocked Down characters may be overwhelmed and killed easly - with new mechanic +5=+2 to dmg it will make more sense to lower opponents defense as much as possible to get more DMG (now you could only count on Armor Defeating Hit even with roll around 50 against defense of 11-13). With new mechanic such roll will deal +15 more dmg (or +15 to dmg step?) Which is awesome :D

I am also using 5/4 Durability for magicans in my game :)
Duvvelsheyss

Roth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Roth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Danger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Danger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Danger

Postby Danger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Xastiin

Postby Xastiin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:06 pm

I am happy with the existing unconsious/death rating and stain mechanics. To be honest I think I'd actively dislike this proposal.

iason

Postby iason » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm

A problem with the current UR/DR system is that "Attack to Stun" doesnt make much sense at the moment.

I think the gap between the UR and DR provides just an excuse for not surrendering in time. Because then the GM has to decide what happens to the hero and I guess in such a situation the GM will seldomly kill heros.

That said an idea might be to have a single hitpoint-pool but two tracks: one for stun damage and one for health damage. Stun damage would count from 0 upward and health damage from the current hitpoints downward. When current health <= stun damage you get unconscious and if health drops to <= 0 you die.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Duvvelsheyss

iason

Postby iason » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I think trying to impose a completely separate system just for stun damage would be over complicating things, and a major goal of the new edition has been reducing complications. I personally have never seen the Attack to Stun option used, and really haven't seen a huge need for it. Any time I've been in a situation where the group wanted to subdue someone without killing them, they'd just use an entangling weapon or spell, or a sleep spell, or a frighten/intimidate effect, or even just grapple them.

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Attack to stun sees a lot of use in my group. They love that if you do enough damage to excede the opponents wound threshold the opponent is stunned. No offensive actions for a round only defensive actions and they are harried for success level rounds.

Return to “Product Discussion”