Seeking some feedback on a possible ED4 change

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Seeking some feedback on a possible ED4 change

Postby Mataxes » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:58 pm

*wild cheering* I'll go back and dig up my notes on the various oD&D morale systems I've used in those games and see what worked well there.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Tactical retreat to setup defensive ground once out of sight. They run, yah. But sometimes, they still want to kill you and need an advantage to feel up to it ;) Oh, that would be a good thing to know, how long morale effects last.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm picturing Han Solo running down the hallway on the Death Star.

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:45 pm

This stuff is foundational for ship combat too.

Heretikzer0

Postby Heretikzer0 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm

double post.
Last edited by Heretikzer0 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heretikzer0
Earthdawn Enthusiast
http://earthdawnadepts.blogspot.com/

Heretikzer0

Postby Heretikzer0 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm

EDIT: Forgive me, I did not entirely read this thread. I'm responding to the first post. If someone has already mentioned something like this, then I'll just vote alongside them.

You could try this. Instead of focusing on two different tracks on a health bar, try to come up with a difference in wounds. Be they standard wounds, or something a bit more dramatic, or perhaps less like status effects. Status effects would then shift the focus on what KIND of damage is being dealt. Fire, cold, knockout, etc, etc can have a larger influence on the game and can come in a variety of delivery systems like spell effects and stunt-like effects during combat.
Heretikzer0
Earthdawn Enthusiast
http://earthdawnadepts.blogspot.com/

Natael

Postby Natael » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 am

Attachments
DR UR comparison magician archer warrior ed1.xls
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm

It just came to me that Attack to Stun and Stunned Status should be implemented in Called Shot mechanic (which now basically does nothing). Called Shot should at least lower Armor-Defeating-Hit Succes Level Required.

I am planning to combine Called Shot with Attack to Stun.
Duvvelsheyss

Return to “Product Discussion”