Kickstarter!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Crusader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Kickstarter!

Postby Crusader » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:52 am

Any option for Paypal yet?

Mountainshadow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mountainshadow » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:49 am

Darth Quiris

Postby Darth Quiris » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 am

Kickstarter as of right now doesn't use Paypal, only Amazon for payments but a lot of publishers of games have been using BackerKit for after a Kickstarter to allow them to set up a means for people to still get in on a Kickstarter after its over (and after it's successful). I do not know if BackerKit allows for Paypal or not though.

zayven

Postby zayven » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 am

I share a lot of these concerns about the stretch goals. I just hope that they don't wind up having to take on too much to meet all the stuff they're promising.

I wish I could be more excited about the Travar book, but I've been running an ED game based out of Travar for the last few years and the release of a "canonical" Travar means that I'm about to lose my sandbox. I know I could just ignore the new book, but I'm generally not the kind of GM that likes to ignore "official" setting material in favor of my own.

That actually might be a good topic for another thread: How closely do you follow the published setting?

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 am

zayven

Postby zayven » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:11 am

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:23 pm

I've got to back the positive sentiment toward the source material add ons. Rule updates to fix potential problems and introduce new players are all well and good, but I believe where 4e is really going to shine and win over the base is with new setting changes and information. Everyone has rules and mechanics from earlier editions that they like and won't want to give up (I don't care what arguments are made, I'm not dropping d20's and d4's from the step table), but setting info is good for just about everyone.

Darth Quiris

Postby Darth Quiris » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Does anybody know how big the two core books are going to be approximately? Would the developers be able to give us a ball park figure please?

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 pm

After careful consideration, and listening to your feedback, we have revised the Stretch Goals for this Kickstarter. These goals will be locked in unless a compelling business reason arises for us to change them. The short version: We discontinued the merch, added a GM Screen, and put in a top end goal where everybody gets free PDFs of everything.

Rank 1: $25,000 - Travar: City of Merchants will be added to the reward offers and as an add on in both PDF and print versions. UNLOCKED!
Rank 2: $40,000 - All backers who pledged for softcover or hardcover editions of the books will receive a free GM screen. We will add the GM screen to our online shop and product line once the KS reward copies have shipped.
Rank 3: $60,000 - The Earthdawn 4th Edition Companion will be added to the reward offers, in both hardcover and softcover, both of which will come with a free PDF copy.
Rank 4: $80,000 - The Elven Nations book will be added to the reward offers, in both hardcover and softcover, both of which will come with a free PDF copy.
Rank 5: $100,000 - The Questors book will be added to the reward offers, in both hardcover and softcover, both of which will come with a free PDF copy. In addition, anyone who pledged for a hardcover of any book will receive free PDF copies of the Players Guide, the GM's Guide, Travar, the Earthdawn 4E Companion, Questors, and Elven Nations.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

shiinx

Postby shiinx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:01 am

Return to “Product Discussion”