Earthdawn Preview #4

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Earthdawn Preview #4

Postby Mataxes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 am

A little bit of setting this time around. We take a look at an event that starts Throal and Thera on the path of open conflict.

http://www.fasagames.com/blog/?post_id= ... at-the-war
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn Preview #4

Postby etherial » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:57 am

I love the fact that you preserve the unknowns that real history is made of.

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 pm

I have a question about what I read: Will this be part of the new,"What has come before . . ." section? It still feels like it's part of the Prelude to War time rather than after the war and what not. Maybe I'm just being impatient. I do like the entry though as it posits all sorts of threads that a GM could involve his/her players with. I'm just not sure where on the timeline it appears in regards to what will be history and present in 4th ed. It's early too so my reading comprehension might be off. :) Ultimately, take my preceding words as a compliment with questions.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 pm

The events described will be part of the "What came before" section. (Not verbatim.)

The "Harwood Incident" is the trigger event for the War. It's what nudges the post-Prelude status quo into motion.

Timeline wise, it happens post Crystal Raiders/Cara Fahd sourcebooks, but is in the "past" of where Barsaive is in the 4th Ed core book.
Josh Harrison --

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:54 pm

A 'Remember the Maine!" opening! I like to think about that party of adepts striving to deal with the situation and it exploding underneath them.

Darth Quiris

Postby Darth Quiris » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:11 pm

This preview was very cool to read. :)

The set up reminds me of the story written by David Weber and Linda Evans titled Hells Gate where two small groups from different worlds encountered each other and the war between worlds got started due to somebody within one of those groups shooting the other but neither side really ever figured out what really had happened and war was the result.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Apparently I'm a lot better presenting setting changes as opposed to rules changes... :)
Josh Harrison --

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:07 pm

I don't think it's so much in the presentation as much as it is the substance. There have already been a lot of rules changes made between the versions, but not a lot of setting updates, which has created something of a vacuum there. The presentation of both has seemed good to me so far, but setting is what people are hungry for.

Rajaat99

Postby Rajaat99 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 pm

A good read, although it would be nice to play through it. I'm still withholding judgement on ED4 however.

Return to “Product Discussion”