Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sundahk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Sundahk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Considering you won't ship my Player's Guide to me until you can ship the GM Guide, I too would like an ETA on when I'll finally be able to get my hands on physical copies.

Thanks.

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Update has just been posted to the blog (and a similar one went out to KS backers earlier today).

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

freid78

Postby freid78 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Is this :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1681943719

still used? Been buried under lot's of messages! Is the pdf been corrected from these errors ?

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 pm

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:25 pm

hi there
any chance to know when i will receive my stuff ?
i pledged 270 usd of materials, and since then (and it has been a very LONG then) i have received just the pdf for the players guide
i would love to have
1) a precise eta on the exit of the single stuff
2) a precise eta on the shipment of the books
3) if not able to do this, i will be gladly receive a refunding, subtracting the value of the players book pdf

thanks
this delay has been already over the acceptable
tommaso gollini
aka galafrone

my stuff was
i Have pledged for the 100 dollars (hardcover player and gm guide)
plus (other 170)
ED companion HC,
Travar SC,
Elven Nations SC
Questors SC.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Sorry, I can't give you a precise ETA. If you're expecting that, you're going to be disappointed.

What I can tell you is where things stand right now, and what I expect as things move forward.

The GM Guide is being worked on. I am working on getting Chapter 3 finished up and over to editing (I expect that to happen next week). The only thing left in the Horrors chapter are the stat block revisions, and Morgan is working on those. I also expect that to be in the very near future.

Once those are done, both chapters go over to editorial and layout. The last bits of art will be commissioned, and the final version of the pre-art PDF will go out. At that point I will be working to incorporate the errors and revisions that need to be made.

When the final art is in, the 'producion' PDF will be produced, and we'll get the ball rolling on the production of the softcover GM Guide, as well as the hardcover Player's and GM's Guides. As I have said in multiple places, the hardcover books were delayed because of how we are managing the production costs. During this time we will also have the posters, shirts, and GM screens produced.

Once we have the softcover GM Guides, and the hardcover GM and Player's Guides, those will be shipped out to all backers, along with any other stuff that was included in their particular pledge level. As of right now, I expect these shipments to happen in October, but any number of things can happen that might delay production and shipping.

In terms of later books, the next one up in the queue is Travar. The manuscript on that is largely done, but will need to go through some development and editorial revisions. Then the Companion. A bunch of work has already been done on that (in parallel with the Player and GM Guides), but there is still some development work needed there (riverboats and airships, for instance). Then Elven Nations (in much the same state as Travar right now). Then Questors.

These later books will be released as they are finished, and if you are outside the US, you may see shipping delayed to have multiple books shipped at once to save money, because international shipping is crazy expensive, and the aded shipping we factored in for the Kickstarter is probably not going to cover it.

Look, I get that people are unhappy with the delays in the books coming out. I'm not crazy about the delay either. But if you are not willing to accept the possibility of delays or other issues when it comes to crowd funding, then I don't know what to tell you.
Josh Harrison --

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:17 pm

well, i can accept delays, but not the fact that i will see the 4 last books only after the last one is published
that will put me, as backer, behind those that will get it as soon as it is published (those that havent backed it and will buy it on stores for example).
so i can get the fact that gm and player books hardcover will be shipped to me together when they are ready, but i cant really accept the fact that the other 4 will be shipped together in the end
my submission payed for the shipment costs, and payed it dearly
if you cant do it, i will write to fasa and will ask the refund for the 4 books
that is a HUGE 170 dollars and you cant really tell to me that you cant cover the shipment to italy with 40 plus dollars per book..

and you can bet on the fact that i will neve ever back anything from fasa anymore.
i will just lazily wait for the books to appear in the stores and will buy them for sure, but kickstarting them ? no way

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Kickstarter is technically taking a risk to fund something. Check out their site for details, specifically about accountability.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/ki ... q_nav#Acco

You have an issue, maybe Fasa will change your order so you get your rewards faster? But I'd suggest asking nicer.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:04 pm

well, kickstarting something is taking a risk, and this is obvious to me.
problem is, kickstarting is also a way to get payed BEFORE giving the funder his reward, so if you dont comply with the terms of the contract, you can be attacked by the raiser in different ways. the easiest is to have your name being smeared and such, so if the company isnt a fraudolent one, arriving to a compromise is usual the good way to go.

fasa was behind this project, that i wholehartedly supported since day 1

the way this project was managed was very very unbusiness like.
i have funded others project, some of them with issues (see CoC 7, for example, still has to be delivered) but at least those "problematic" kickstarters are now solved, a thing i dont see coming with earthdawn

writing and asking for a refund is in my prerogatives, as funder, getting an answer and my money back is a choice that fasa has.

i can even lose my 270 dollars, or i can get all 6 books at once whenever they will be finally released
i dont know
and i am taking the risk

what also i can do is being loud saying that i am not happy with the speed of this project, how it's managed and how is comunicated (see how chaosium is now moving is a good example, like weekely or faster updates, and taking in consideration any effort to move the project faster).

and i am not "rude" or else, i am just stating my rights as buyer, i have payed 270 dollars 1 year and 3 months ago, and since then i got just 1 pdf that should have been released, buy fasa schedule, on august 2014... that is 1 year ago.
i am not being "not nice", i am still very very nice :)
Last edited by galafrone on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:08 pm

I just went to the , did some really rough calculations for shipping to Italy. A 5 pound package (2.2kg), shipping from Bangor, Maine (where I live) to Rome. No special add-ons. I come up with an estimated shipping cost of about $156. A quick quote from gives about the same figures for international economy shipment.

Going , it looks like a flat rate envelope (with a 4 lb/1.8kg limit, might be able to handle one book) runs about $50. A flat-rate package up to 20 pounds (9kg) runs about $90.

I'm not sure where your "$40 per book" figure is coming from or how it relates to the shipment issue. The shipping costs in the KS associated with international shipping for the number of items you are getting was $60. Given the figures I have presented here, the shipping cost to us to get you the additional books as they come out will total about $200 at best.

Seriously, it is not our desire to screw anybody over, and I get the impatience and frustration. But I don't know what else to tell you. The estimates on release dates were clearly off the mark. That's on me. I've explained why that has happened at different points, and done my best to keep people updated on the status of the project.
Josh Harrison --

Return to “Product Discussion”