Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Roth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Roth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Getting people to at least try ED has never been that hard to do. Since FASA folded, keeping them as long term fans of ED is way more miss than hit. I can count only 2 people I have introduced to the game since '00 that are still actively playing the game with their own groups. I have plenty of people around my area willing to play, but they use my books and me as GM.

Mountainshadow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mountainshadow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:27 am

We played through all editons keeping mostly the same characters and players involved since 1995. There have been other groups and other players most of whom still like to play the game and would surely come back if I started a new group using 4th. We just transfered the main group's characters to 3rd in 2013 and almost everyone bought his own PG, GMG, PC, GMC with me as GM owning all the other stuff (since 1st). So obviously we won't shift to 4th on the spot but I will certainly get myself all the shiny new books - even though I personally don't like digest size due to lack of experience. knowing my friends and players sooner or later they will get their own copies of the core rules and want to test the new Edition.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:05 am

Any preview today? ;> Tell us about skills and how they will be handled. Will they be duplicates with talents, defaulting, differencies with talents?
Duvvelsheyss

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:19 am

Xastiin

Postby Xastiin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:24 pm

One worry I have is given the lead times on game production - that Summer 2014 release date is looking a bit tight!

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 pm

The plan is to have the books at GenCon, which is August, so end of summer really. It looks a lot more tight when you don't know what all is going on behind the scenes.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Sorry if it isn't clear, but yes, the plan is for the Player's and GM's Guide to be available by August (by GenCon, ideally) along with the GM Screen.

The currently expected "street dates" for the other books are:

Travar: October 2014
Companion: December 2014
Elven Nations: February 2015
Questors: April 2015

This is "print version" -- PDF is likely to be available the month before the print release.

These are, of course, subject to the whims of the production schedule. Travar is in revisions to bring it up to date for the ED4 timeline, Elven Nations is in a similar state (both were developed originally for ED3). If things go through production more quickly, we could see books out sooner -- but this is what we are currently looking at.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Tanthalas

Postby Tanthalas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Awesome Josh! Thanks for the timeline!

I will be excitedly waiting for these books to hit the streets.
I'm one of the Legends of Barsaive guys. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bawdy Jokes? PM me!

Return to “Product Discussion”