Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Dark Schneider
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Dark Schneider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Any word on the Hardcopy of the Player's guide? Last info said it was going to the printers in April, so I was kind of wondering

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm

I'll double check, but I think it's expected at the distributor for shipping any day now (if it isn't already there).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Sorry for the delay, we have confirmation that the print Player's Guides are at the distributor. (Studio 2). They should start getting sent out shortly.
Josh Harrison --

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm

To you. Studio 2 is our distributor -- they ship orders out to customers.
Josh Harrison --

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Spader

Postby Spader » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:27 am

Is it only for soft covers, or hard ones are alse included?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Hardcovers are actually going to be delayed slightly to save on some production costs. Because the hardcover print run is much smaller than the softcover (we're only doing enough hardcovers to fill the Kickstarter pledges, with maybe a few left over), we're going to have the covers for the Player and GM guides made at the same time.

As I understand it, the interiors of the hardcover PGs are all printed, just waiting for the covers to be made. Since we don't know (just yet) what the final page count on the GM Guide is going to be, we don't know what dimensions we'll need for that cover. Once we do, then they make the covers, bind the existing interiors into them, and we have hardcover books.

Keep in mind, this is all in my understanding, and I may be off on details.

How does this all shape up in terms of time? It depends on the GM Guide. Of the 13 chapters planned for it, 10 have been delivered to editing. I'm cranking on the setting chapter, I have somebody else working on Dragons and Horrors. 9 of the 10 delivered chapters have been through editorial and pre-layout is being done. Given that one of the chapters in layout is the creatures chapter (the largest one), that will give us a decent idea about likely page count.

It does look like the GM Guide is not going to end up a 500+ page behemoth like the Player's Guide. The original source text files for the PG were about 3.5MB. So far the GM Guide is only 1.6MB. I have one of the larger chapters (setting) still to deliver, but that's including creatures. I thought we were going to be a lot tighter on space, but that doesn't look like it will be the case.

Right now we are trying to do everything we can to get the GM Guide done and out the door. If we're able to get the book to the printer by mid-June, then we'll have print copies in time for GenCon. I'll be honest, it is going to be tight, and given that I only have so much time to work on stuff during the week (thanks to a normal day job), I'm not sure whether it will happen or not.

I really want those two books at GenCon. Player's Guide will obviously be there, but GM Guide... I don't know for certain.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more work to do.
Josh Harrison --

Spader

Postby Spader » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks for the update!

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:19 am

Return to “Product Discussion”