Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Jaracove » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:51 am

earcaraxe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby earcaraxe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:35 pm

"No I've not backed ED 4ed, but yes I have backed a few kickstarters and none of them were completed on time. In one case it was over a year. "

I dont think the lateness of other kickstarter projects makes the "Its coming in august! Wait, its end of december and still nothing."-situation to look significantly better.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:40 am

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:19 am

Im sure they didnt do it deliberately, as its nearly never the case when a delay happens, we all know that.

Besides they seem like really helpful and polite people.

But four month of lateness still looks very bad.

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:26 am

Just to add another aspect to the whole deliberation: I doubt all too many people want to give Mataxes and crew a hard time and it is great to see how loyal many of the Earthdawn backers are - however, it can't be a good thing to schedule the original release for August, miss the deadline (really, that's no big thing on kickstarter, I agree) and then have no KS-updates up since October. Of course no one is legally obliged to update their backers regularly - but on the other hand, no one is legally obliged to buy and/or back earthdawn products. If the project is going to be successful from a business point of view, it can't be healthy to alienate the customer base - and the vocal minority pointing that out at least show that they do want the product line to be successful and care enough to raise their opinion on a forum, rather than just going silent and forgetting about it all in all (after all, there is no shortage of fantasy RPGs out there/people can always continue to play an earlier Earthdawn edition). In that sense, I believe most postings are intended as honest feedback / well-meant suggestion and not as "crybaby wants lolly" frivolities. That said, now that the suggestions have been made (send out a KS update explaining about the radio silence of the last quarter year, possibly announcing some sort of future prospect or at least committing to some form of a regular update (monthly, at the end of each month?)/possibly involve Panda in getting a few more sneak-previews out there (limited costs required, good impact)/give access to the long finished documents, update art into it), I guess there is little point in continuing to argue over this.

dweer

Postby dweer » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Update posted on the KS page today. Much appreciated Mataxes. Sorry to hear about all the crap going on and hope things start looking up.

Roth

Postby Roth » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:53 am

Is there blood?

etherial

Postby etherial » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Kickstarter Backers, check your Inboxen.

Happy new edition!

I've already created a new sheet in the spreadsheet for reporting issues in the pdf and started adding issues I've seen and going through the old issues to verify if they were all fixed correctly.

Mod Note: Please don't share the link to the file. Thank you.

Overall, I think the art isn't the highest quality but it is always evocative. It may not be the best drawing of a Troll, but it's clearly a Barsaivian Troll.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:32 am

Ok, so maybe send link to backers? :)
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:44 am

Return to “Product Discussion”