Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Marceli
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Marceli » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:40 am

aprewett
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aprewett » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:29 am

Crikey people, its not like you don't have other versions that can be used.
Take a chill pill and give the guys a holiday break.

Allan

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:12 pm

I could delve into a lot of statements about patience and waiting for quality and so on, but I believe these have already been said before. The project has not been abandoned, it is in progress; as long as we get enough updates to know this, then there should be no problems. Any deadlines given are estimations, and arbitrary ones at that, not hardlined legal agreements. And hey, even those can be adjusted. I will leave off with this piece of wisdom from Douglas Adams:

"I love deadlines. I love the whooooshing noise they make as they fly by."

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:04 pm

thank you

dweer

Postby dweer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 pm

I know for my part I was just frustrated by the lack of information/update. Now that you have given us more info I'm ok with the wait. I have heard many the horror story about late art ;)
I think you just need to be a bit more proactive on the communication. As I mentioned in another thread there hasn't been an official update on the kickstarter page since October 12th. Someone here has been copying and pasting your comments here to the comments tread there, but your supporters should not have to do that.
I think that, for the most part, we gamers are a pretty patient bunch, as long as we feel like there is some communication. People get a bit skeptical about kickstarters that lack communication because they then assume that it means less likelihood of eventual fulfillment of the kickstarter.
So, again I thank you for the update here and I look forward to seeing the finished product. But I do think that you would be perceived better if you updated the kickstarter page officially.

BahtRastard

Postby BahtRastard » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:07 am

Well, a 4 month delay isn't all that bad if you remember that almost everyone involved in the project has a day job and for Josh this more like trying to herd cats........
Gold and Silver we have not, but steel we have aplenty- Lathryus Vorpatril

Jacklifear

Postby Jacklifear » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

I'd like to echo that the major concerns regarding a lack of communication. I personally missed the kickstarter, but this weekend I was gathering together with other gamers/developers who have figured out that among us was over 1100 dollars of the kickstarting backing at one table.. and we all agreed that we know and have faith it would come, but the lack of effort put into communication without searching for it is a bit frustrating.

Some of them were watching kickstarter for no updates. Some were enjoying the blog. Some knew about outside sources, such as Panda's website. And I brought up this thread in the forums. The blog and kickstarter have been an effective means to keep us in the loop since the delay of August, but October it just dropped.

Please consider that if you won't make the previously stated deadline of "end of year or there will be blood", at least drip some blood on the blog and communicate clearly to us how the status is. Then give us something to work with.

A good example of a post that I think a lot of us would appreciate is a collective set of data that can truly help us start reviewing how to start the transition process from 3rd to 4th edition. Thank you for the work you've done, and I hope the holidays provide a good time for you and your team.

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:38 am

I'd like to echo much of what Marceli said: if there could be a way to improve the communication, that'd be great. Likewise, I am sure it'd be appreciated if we could get some access to the text that has been done for months. After all, having pictures and text is nice, but having neither is worse than having the text and being able to start playing ;) I've been telling my group for months now that we'll be switching to the new version "anytime soon". I get the feeling they are getting less excited about the new version every time I have to put them off.
Last edited by Sangius on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 am

I've been lurking for a while, but I'll chime in with the communication sentiments.

This is not a no news is good news scenario. People have waited and waited and patience has run out. You NEED to communicate to the people who have already plunked down a great deal of money, have yet to do so, and/or will plunk more.

You must communicate and not repeat the lacking communication of the older times. Granted communication has improved, but it needs to be put on both these forums/news section and on the KS. Copy/paste is your friend.

Speak to the masses and their goodwill and patience will be prolonged.

Return to “Product Discussion”