Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn: Fourth Edition coming in 2014

Postby Jaracove » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Slimcreeper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:06 am

The photoshop file has multiple layers, like transparent plastic. There is a layer for the snake, the water, the girl, the vines to the left, and the background. Each one is manipulated independently. For example, you can see in the water marks like a pencil being held on its side, and the edges of those lines are fairly crisp, but behind that there is a layer of blurred lines. I feel like there were several drawings stitched together here. There may actually be several drawings scanned separately, or the artist may have used selection tools to separate them. Nothing wrong with that, per say, except that in my head I'm looking at 2 or 3 drawings and it breaks my suspension of disbelief. I'd rather see the atmospheric perspective created with pure traditional methods: draw the background with soft charcoal, then fix the everliving hell out of it so it won't smear anymore, then draw the fore- and middle-ground on top of that. Alternately, if the layers and manipulation is something the artist really enjoys, then just don't make the blur so extreme and so uniform in the background. Then perhaps apply a filter over the whole artwork to unify it. Photoshop's not my area of expertise, though.

I'd like to make clear, Lewis (the artist) draws extremely well - I'm not saying he or she isn't super talented. I'm just not into this piece.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 am

jeruvin

Postby jeruvin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:11 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:42 am

Sooooo... um.... Fourth Edition.

I know you guys work jobs and you are doing this in your spare time, and I appreciate that. However, we were supposed to get the PDFs in August, and here we are in November with nothing on our end. I can handle waiting, if I have a date (even if it's a rough one) of when they will be available. I don't want another blog update about the latest rules or art. I just want to know roughly when we will get them. Even if you could tell us if it will be in 2014 or not (although a more accurate date would be better).

Earthdawn has a small fan base. If you want it to keep it, let alone expand it, then you need to communicate better ;)

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Agreed Sundahk

In all honesty, and I'm not stamping my feet or having any sort of tantrum, but I'm genuinely fed up of waiting. This isn't a case of I want it now! I feel this way - deflated - because we were told we'd have something in August.

Right now, as much as I love Earthdawn, I'm all waited out and I'm about to start running 13th Age again. No doubt I'll be looking to play the game when the book comes out (well, when the phb and the gmg comes out, but that won't be until some time next year).

So yes, it will be nice to see it hit the shelves, but I'm waiting no more.

Happy gaming!

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:38 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”