ED4 Preview #3

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Darth Quiris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ED4 Preview #3

Postby Darth Quiris » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:18 am

I see Earthdawn as a Post Apocalyptic Fantasy rpg with a gritty flavor of fantasy adventure enmeshed in a world of unlimited and ever growing Personal growth based on the Choices that an Adept makes.

What sets Earthdawn apart from the rest is how their Choices have a real affect on their personal growth and how their Legend grows within the world of Barsaive and how other people react to them. The things they do have a deep impact in what goes on around them and this is one of the best features of the game. Everything a Adept does has meaning. Their Choices matter. How they spend (Grow) their Legend MATTERS.

I wish the LD on here would open up the pages and allow us to help him finish playtesting the game. All of us here really want an Earthdawn game that amazes us, helps us delve into the world of Barsaive and create epic stories... and we all want the game to simply kick ass (pardon the language but that is as blunt as I could put it). I want this game to really rock.

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 am

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:36 am

zayven

Postby zayven » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:00 am

Stormcrow brings up a really good point that I never thought about before. I don't know if other people are in the same boat, but I do feel like your position on Earthdawn is absolutely affected by whether you spend most of your time as a player or a GM.

I've owned a copy of every edition and have been playing the game since early 1995, but in all that time I've NEVER been a player character. My perspective on the game is almost completely driven by my experience as a GM, so I can see why that might give me a different perspective on things. It's probably why I've viewed some of the changes posted on the dev blog as no big deal. As a GM, it doesn't really bother me to see player choice reduced in some way. After watching players wring their hands over how to spend Legend Points for so many years, minimizing some of those choices is welcome news to me.

As a GM, my focus is mostly on story. I don't really think too much about the nitty gritty of how the characters want to spend their Legend Points unless they want to do something tied to their character's story development (performing tasks to weave threads to items, discovering key knowledges, hunting down infamous horrors, etc). That's certainly coloring the way I'm looking at a lot of these changes.

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 am

I'm going to tie in the other (or maybe it was this one) thread regarding combat abilities of some disciplines. People who are complaining about Karma/Durability becoming circle linked abilities should look on the bright side. Some disciplines might get combat oriented talents where those two used to be! This would help, especially in early circles, less martial disciplines become a bit more effective. So yeah. . . :cheerleader:

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:49 am

Roth

Postby Roth » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Roth

Postby Roth » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:27 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”