[3ED] Temper Others/Self

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kosmit

[3ED] Temper Others/Self

Postby kosmit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:45 pm

My player would like to develop knack for Temper Self/Others, which would increase Thresholds for longer than 24h. In this case adding Strain is pointless (at least with Temper Self), because talent is suppose to give Health Points rather than taking them.

I am thinking about longer ritual time (let say an hour instead of half for every 24h of prolonging the talent - max. week), Blood Wound for a week, or spending LP for each day of longer talent use.

Player came up with blocking some of Karma Points for the duration of talent - my idea to this is 1 point blocked for each day of duration.

Do you have any idea how to handle this?
Duvvelsheyss

treorai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [3ED] Temper Others/Self

Postby treorai » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Why can't they just use the Talent every day when they wake up? Doesn't seem like they really need to develop a Knack for extending the duration...
My Fading Suns Epic:

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm

It seems fine at a 24 hour duration to me as per ED3 rules without any knacks.

It does have a drawback on a failure. Less tests = less fail chance. To me, I'd say ok, extended duration, you lose 1 Karma Point per day and cannot recover it until the talent's duration ends (Effectively each day -1 current/maximum karma). So maybe a day or two and you don't feel it, but after five days, -5 max karma and you start feeling it. Even a human at Karma Ritual 5 and Maximum Karma 25 is at 20 at this point and continuing to decrease. release the talent and your maximum karma returns to normal, but you have to redo the Temper again at this point. If the player is okay with that, roll with it, since it reduces the test per day bookkeeping (playing 50 Fathoms has me hating that kind of logistics lately). Its still not a necessity, but if you want less bookkeeping in your ED game it can be a feature rather than a bug.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:17 am

Duvvelsheyss

Return to “For Game Masters”