Cathay's secrets...

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LADRILLON
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cathay's secrets...

Postby LADRILLON » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi:

Now that I have (couldn't resist) the Cathay books, I keep finding mysteries, hidden secrets & "loose ends" about the land, history, races, etc. Is there a backstory for this stuff, like, for instance, the Gar or Ki Mao (their origins, & such), or who exactly were the ven'hi'jin [sic?], etc. (I'm just citing all salient topicks that come to mind)?

Any help in satiating my curiosity would be greatly appreciated! :geek:

L

Oofje

Re: Cathay's secrets...

Postby Oofje » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Part of Earthdawn's appealing nature (in my opinion) is the 'mystery' that surrounds parts of the lore.
These parts, i like to think, are intentionally left vague and unexplained, to allow for gamemasters and players to fill in the blanks, and create a new world of their own, without someone dictating how everything should be.

Allow for your creativity to run loose, and, perhaps with your players, create a whole 'new' setting :)

I'm afraid this won't satiate your curiosity, but then it's not meant to do so :P

Return to “For Game Masters”