What constitutes horror corruption?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What constitutes horror corruption?

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 am

I had thought granting a bonus to the character's spell defense vs. horror mark tests equal to the artisan skill rank. Not a huge mechanical advantage, but enough to grant some justification to the myth. As for absolute failure of artisan skills - I've thought that would require conscious corruption.

One consequence of how many people think about corruption - art must be very conservative in Barsaive. Goths and Edgar Allen Poes get stoned on sight!

evil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What constitutes horror corruption?

Postby evil » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 am

I think that has to do with horrors not being able to name things themselves, being corrupted the Name Giver losses the ability to name things (just a theory to fit the fluff). I guess that is a take on Tolkins LoTR Morgoth lost the ability to create just pervert, thats how he first made the Orks from Elves - at least that is how I always thought of it.

Return to “For Game Masters”