T'SKRANG KWESTIONS

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LADRILLON
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

T'SKRANG KWESTIONS

Postby LADRILLON » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Hiyas!

A couple of questions around & about that most gracious of all Namegiver races, the t'skrang:

1. What's depicted on the cover of The Serpent River (NoB 2) book?

2. I'm not at all certain how the t'skrang managed to survive the Scourge on their own - I have been looking for stuff but I've only found vague allusions about "hibernation"... Could someone referr to me the actual books where this is (clearly) explained, if at all, or please enlighten me on this?

Couldya help, please?

Thanks!
L

ukhata

Re: T'SKRANG KWESTIONS

Postby ukhata » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am

Being a somewhat expert on T'Skrang but being bad at remembering books ill tell you.

1. if you mean this book http://www.grimtreegames.com/serpent-ri ... -2282.html
then its simply a T'Skrang village by a waterfall/lake.

2. The T'Skrang didn't know how to get through the Scourge and most of them sure as hell weren't gonna live underground all this time. as such they send out lots and lots of diplomats and adventurers to find an answer. eventually they developed a riddle for the great dragons that if answered would tell them how to create a Dragon's Lair type of construct. as you may expect the Dragons saw through this and send the diplomats away. one of the great dragons (i don't remember which one) went to one of the great houses and explained how to create the hibernation spell and make the Nials safe for this time. The spell awakens 1 or more of the T'Skrang every so often to perform maintenance and check the elemental clock and so on. meaning that almost all of the T'Skrang living now are the same as before the scourge.
The Hibernation is possible because , even though they are unwilling to admit this, they are still somewhat lizard like in their metabolism and such.

as to how a Nial full of sleeping T'Skrang looks like, beats me, thats up to you :P

regards
Ukhata

LADRILLON

Postby LADRILLON » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Off the top of my head, references to t'skrang hibernation can be found in the "T'skrang" chapter of the Namegivers of Barsaive book (ED3). I think there's some mentions in the GM's Guide also. Sorry for quick reply; RL taking over life this week. :( (And thanks for replying to LADRILLON's questions, Ukhata!)

ukhata

Postby ukhata » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 am

Avantio

Postby Avantio » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 am

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

The t'skrang sent out a set of 12 riddles to the great dragons of Barsaive. Only one diplomat returned, with a riddle from the dragon to them. They figured out the riddle and thus (later) figured out how to put themselves in a state of hibernation throughout the Scourge. This allowed them to maintain their unique cultural and spiritual identity (basically, they would have all gone through PTSD if they remained awake through the Scourge underground).
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Return to “For Game Masters”