Map with roads etc

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aprewett
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Map with roads etc

Postby aprewett » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am

Hello,
Has there ever been a more detailed map of Barsaive. I don't want all the grey area's filled in as I like a slightly blank canvas. Just wondering if there is one with roads etc.

Allan

Nahor

Re: Map with roads etc

Postby Nahor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm

I believe Omasu runs a AAA club out of Batertown. You may be able to procure detailed road maps from him as well as gain Traveler's and Cart/Horse/Thundra Beast Insurance. He has decent rates too.

As far as I've seen, officially and unofficially, there is no such map. I think that where the timeline in ED is at right now, there probably has been enough time passed for the new roads and the old ones that have been renovated and reopened, for there to be such maps floating around. However, this would probably fall under the realm of GM's responsibility. It definitely poses a great opportunity for a GM and players to take on as a task, particularly if you have a traveled scholar in the group, a scout, or hell even an archer (based on their view of paths)--even as an NPC. You'd be able to come across a lot of incidental adventures in the course of your "Mapping of Barsaive" campaign.

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 am

I don't recall seeing any such map myself.

Somewhere, among all the fluff there is mention of a Trade road running the length of the Byrose River from Travar so you could add that one to your own map. From memory, its a point of contention with house K'tenshin who keep sabotaging the road. Mention of house K'tenshin makes me think it was the Serpent River source book, which mentions other trade routes as well.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 am

aprewett

Postby aprewett » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you all.

Allan

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Map making in Barsaive (heck, anywhere in the world during this age) is more art than science. You might find a few good maps of a specific area, but the best maps were made by the Mapmaker Troubadour Shantaya Nightstar. She created a set of maps and a tool that could be used with said maps to get around anywhere in Barsaive to within a few miles.

This is a HUGE technical advancement over previous maps and tools. I don't think they've even discovered the compass yet.
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Return to “For Game Masters”