MEANING OF "THROAL"

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LADRILLON
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MEANING OF "THROAL"

Postby LADRILLON » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Hiyas!

A quick question: does the word "Throal" have any meaning or is it someone's Name or last Name? :eh:

Thanks!
L

Avantio

Re: MEANING OF "THROAL"

Postby Avantio » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 am

it's a NAME allright. A nation and city/state name.

LADRILLON

MEANINGX4

Postby LADRILLON » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Hiyas!

I know that, dude. :lol:

What I clumsily meant to mean ( :wtf: ) was that if the word itself (like Cara Fahd, which means something in orckish), means anything. :roll:

:silent:

Thanks!
L

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

While this doesn’t exactly answer your question (what the word actually means) “Throal” is the Name of the mountain range. It’s a while since I’ve read the Throal book, but it talks about the warring dwarf tribes in the Throal Mountains prior to the founding of the kingdom. So I think the city, and kingdom is Named after the mountain range. You could use that info to decide what the word means in your game. I don’t know if there is a canon answer.

LADRILLON

Postby LADRILLON » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 am

Hiyas!

...But, still helps me greatly... I'd forgotten about that.

Thanks!
L

Return to “For Game Masters”