About non Adepts (legend point, increase of skill)

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

About non Adepts (legend point, increase of skill)

Postby galafrone » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 pm

How do you work with the non-adept namegivers about
1) skill progression
2) characteristic progression

i mean, in the "rule" sense, you need legend point to increase anything
but is hard for a non-adept to get those LP (unless you do something .. legendary... and even a non-adept can be a hero)
for example, how does an ordinary craftsman to increase his skill in your ED ?
do you give them LP on a static base ? do you work on an abstract base ?
you give to non adepts the chance to increase their characteristics ?
for example, a throal infantryman that starts his career at 20 years (a dwarf) and serves without being killed for 3 years doing patrols, skirmishes with therans, scorcherers and bandits, can he accrue LP enough to buy himself a stat increase ? or you leave that increase only to adepts ?

i was thinking about a somehow forfait accrual of LP to the non adepts so they can grow up in skill terms (with LP given out in terms of month, like 1lp/day or something like that)

anyhow, how do you work this aspect in your campaigns ?

thanks in advance for sharing

Anunnaki

Re: About non Adepts (legend point, increase of skill)

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:09 pm

This is very VERY out of date, but attached is a copy of the Downtime System that I designed for Earthdawn.

It's old (like from 1993-1994, therefore ED1-centric), but you might find it useful... It works well for Adepts and non-Adepts alike.

Kind regards, James
Attachments
eds.zip
Earthdawn Downtime System
(527.9 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 am

thanks !
i will definitely give it a read (and very easily will steal it for my campaign !!!)
thanks again

jeruvin

Postby jeruvin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”