Ok my third circle party is just too lucky.

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Crusader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ok my third circle party is just too lucky.

Postby Crusader » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:55 am

Wow. Just wow.

arma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby arma » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

And as written, they are both also incorrect on top of that. It says "single attack" but it should say "Damage Test" (ED1 was rather imprecise about these things, if you spot something like this in ED3, it's likely the material hasn't really been changed since ED1).
If taken literally, attacks that cause several instances of damage or where events lead to several instances of damage could still cause only one wound. For example, I smack someone with a big club, the force hurls them into the air for a 50 yard fall, causing them to roll down a hill, into a pit of acid. That's probably 4 damage tests, but only 1 attack... ;D
Best kaer anywhere.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:39 am

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 am

Yup. And we love it. :)

No risk, no fun!

....Although losing two characters in one session may be a little bit over the top. The luck of the dice... :)

Stormcrow

Postby Stormcrow » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”