Rules Question: Versatility

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbush3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rules Question: Versatility

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:22 pm

This one has come up in my game, and (despite my ruling) still causes controversy;

Durability is a Talent Option. Is there any rule saying that a human cannot use Versatility to learn Durability from a different Discipline?
(After going through the rules again and again, I determined that there is no rule against it. Please let me know if I missed something.)

Thank you.
"Heroes are inherently stupid, thus legends are born." Doctor Doom

arma

Re: Rules Question: Versatility

Postby arma » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 pm

You can, but the bonuses always come from your own first Discipline. So, your human Wizard can learn Durability from a Warrior via Versatility, but he'll still only get 4/3.
Essentially, Versatility gives you extra Talent Options to choose, they're just not called that, because you can choose all talents except your own Discipline Talents..
Note you can also learn matrices.
Best kaer anywhere.

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 pm

The question is, If a human Wizard hits Trains up to Second Circle, but does not take Durability as his Talent Option, but then Learns Durability from a Warrior via Versatility, does he gain the Warrior Durability (9/7)? If not, and instead gains the Wizard Durability (4/3), then I would only ask that this be clarified in a later errata, or new edition under the Talent description for Durability or Versatility.

EDChronicler

Postby EDChronicler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

OK! That makes a difference. Thank you.

Return to “For Game Masters”