some questions about geography

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

some questions about geography

Postby galafrone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm

hi all
i am finally come to the necessity to understand more the "euro" geography of earthdawn
since i have started to read the thera booklet (fasa, 1st edition) i have some questions, or just curiosity wich i would love to have more expert gm explanations or arma/annunaki answers if they can and want.

1) vivane province is the same as rugaria province right ? (in the legion deployement table it says rugaria, but in the map at the end of the book there is vivane as province)

2) the caralkspur mountains that start more or less in the east near vivane (in rugaria province) are the same that divide Talea from Vasgothia right ? so, the are both the carpathians and the alps, more or less ?

3) the great old forest in vasgothia starts north of the plains and goes up to the sea (that is the baltic sea, more or less) ?

4) vasgothia east border is basically the wastes, right ?

thanks
tommy aka galafrone

EDChronicler

Re: some questions about geography

Postby EDChronicler » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:32 pm

A quick and dirty rough:

Vasgothia = Germany + Some Poland
Arancia = France + North along German Border
Talea = Italy
Vivane = Greece + Most of the countries north to Ukraine
Wastes = Poland not part of Vasgothia + Western-ish Ukraine

I'm not sure off the top of my head where Alps / Switzerland lie in regards to this, sorry.

galafrone

Re: some questions about geography

Postby galafrone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 pm

alps are between italy and (west to east) france, switzerland, austria and slovenia.
so i started from the map of vasgothia in The Theran EMpire and clearly shows the caralkspur mountains on the south border of vasgothia.
so they must comprise the alps.
but the caralkspur are also on the north border of rugaria, between rugaria and the wastes.
so they must continue from the alps to the carpaths, creating some interesting barrier (and a lenghty one too)

Return to “For Game Masters”