Earthdawn Adventures Discussion

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thane
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Earthdawn Adventures Discussion

Postby Thane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm

I thought some here might find this interesting, I did.

4th post down, now that's something I'd like to have been involved in!

galafrone

Re: Earthdawn Adventures Discussion

Postby galafrone » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 pm

nice to read :)
i could write something of mine 2 campaigns too :)

Thane

Postby Thane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm

It's all good 'air time' for the game

Thane

Postby Thane » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

What do you make of this statement:

"I ran a campaign for 3 years before it fell apart because of difficulties in running ED for high-circle adepts."

I think he said they were all around 8 to 10 circles and there wasn't anything left to challenge them.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am

running a high circle (level, tier etc) campaign is the same all the times.
if you have build great foundations, you can still manage the campaing, ED has VERY good high tier opponents:
1) other adepts
2) horrors
3) dragons
4) the game of politics and diplomacy

i think is more a matter of having the same game played for 3 years that probably will bore the group;
dont forget that time goes on, and maybe other games pops out, or just RL kicks in and changes the situation of the party and such
reading that group history, it was pretty involved in GREAT affairs before having the right level probably
or who knows
but ED is really balanced for a game that involves many high circle adepts
you just have to know how to handle that game, so it falls more on the shoulders of the GM to remain interesting, challenging and fun than in the game by itself

in my 18 months old campaign, the players are above 5 and under 6, i have already layered some foundation for a game that can goes on for at least 2 full years.
but 2 of my 4 players are a married couple trying to get a baby and if they can do that, i think that my uber nice fun and interesting campaign will crumble :P

another thing is that the majority of the GM around are basically good geared to GM a low level circle (because we all start from circle 1) while there is a relatively low experience in dealing with high circles campaigns (or level or whatever).

Thane

Postby Thane » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:45 am

This is what I was thinking as well.

All you need to do to make a campaign more lethal, is simply ramp up the opponent's statsitics.

There's always someone bigger around the corner.

Return to “For Game Masters”