healing potions

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galafrone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

healing potions

Postby galafrone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 am

is possible to stack a booster potion and a healing potion on the same recovery test ?

situation is this:
character A has run out of recovery tests
he drinks a booster (+ 8 in the first recovery test he does in the next 24 hours)
then he drinks a healing potion, triggering a recovery test at step 8 (and healing a wound if he has at least 1)
can he do a 16 step recovery test in this way ?
or the potions arent stackable in their effects ?

arma

Re: healing potions

Postby arma » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 am

If it's based on a Recovery Test, healing almost always stacks, by rules as written (as there's nothing that says otherwise).
You could limit it to "only one per type of bonus" but shouldn't get rid of the general idea, since combining potions, spells and other abilities for better healing is kind of intended.
Best kaer anywhere.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 am

great thanks
so is the same if i still have 1 recovery test, i can drink first a booster, then a healing potion (so i trigger the recovery test) with the + 16 bonus
i will actually set a max quantity of 1 potion / kind to avoid the situations where a character drinks 5 booster then a healing to have a cumulative +48 step :P
(if not already in the rule)

The_Gun_Nut

Postby The_Gun_Nut » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Honestly, if someone were to pump up their healing juice like that, I'd allow it. It's expensive and healing is somewhat limited in ED to start with.
There is no overkill.

Only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

arma

Postby arma » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Best kaer anywhere.

galafrone

Postby galafrone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 pm

i totally buy your reasoning arma, and i will go in that direction.

werefrog

Postby werefrog » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:52 pm

How can one use 10 potions at once? Simply invoke the rule that you only get 3 magical effects on any one test. Thus, you can only get +24 steps. However, The Werefrog would not allow 2 of the same potion to affect the test, thus meaning you can have healing, booster, and possibly 1 other effect.
Barsaive Emergent: , 1st Circle Elven Adept[quote author=griton]Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=ED_Chronicler]to quote Griton: Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=avantio][move]Werefrog FTW![/move][/quote]

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 pm

I would think that if you downed 10 healing potions at once you would just barf. But I think of them as Jager stuffed with hit points.

Flagg

Postby Flagg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Looking for more Earthdawn stuff? Visit the !

Return to “For Game Masters”