Even more Alternate Discipline Mechanics

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Even more Alternate Discipline Mechanics

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to be running something online. We all have 1st ed ED in common, so that's what we'll be playing (my ED Compendiums continue to go unused!)

I do like the options that Redbrick has brought into advancement and I'd like to offer something like that to my players. As a blunt solution, I am thinking of letting them choose any talent in any order within the experience levels (Initiate, Novice, Journeyman, and Warden), leaving only Thread Weaving anchored at 4th for non-spellcasters. So a Novice Elementalist coming into 3rd Circle could choose any 2 from Fire Heal, Air Speaking, Elemental Tongues, Elemental Hold, or Spell matrix, depending on what he'd already picked up.

I am comfortable with the change in tone and philosophy, but I only wonder about the balance issues that I should watch out for. (I'm assuming that they will be at least somewhat more powerful.) There will be an obsidiman elementalist in the party and one unknown.

Return to “For Game Masters”