T'Skrang Hibernation

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gortatrien
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

T'Skrang Hibernation

Postby gortatrien » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm just starting to read Ardanyan's Revenge and it mentions the t'skrang in the kaer have just recently woken up from their hibernation. I vaguely recall that was how they made it through the Scourge, but don't remember what book discussed it. Can someone tell me which book that was?

Thanks

arma

Re: T'Skrang Hibernation

Postby arma » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Namegivers of Barsaive.
Best kaer anywhere.

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 pm

I haven't got my books with me at the moment, but I'd go for Namegivers first and then try the Gamemaster's Books.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Namegivers of Barsaive and Nations of Barsaive 2: The Serpent River both have some info on that.

It seems that t'skrang can naturally enter a light hibernation/sleep (from references to the jungle t'skrang). Before the Scourge, the Shivalahala(OverMother) of House Syrtis called many of the village lahala (matrons) to the Cliff City from all over Barsaive. She then selected groups to go out to the Dragons with a set of riddles meant to pry any secrets the dragon knew on how to survive the scourge. Most parties did not return. Then, one elder Dragon flew to the Cliff City with a Riddle of his own for the t'sklrang. By deciphering the riddle, the Shivalahala Srytis learned the hibernation rituals (and then taught them to the "civilized" t'skrang representatives).

gortatrien

Postby gortatrien » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Thanks everyone!

Return to “For Game Masters”