Creatures by Legend Award?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Xzandrate
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creatures by Legend Award?

Postby Xzandrate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I was hoping to find a list of creatures sorted by Legend Award, I figure it's the easiest way to build an encouter on the fly. Did I miss this in the books? or has someone already created this on the Net?

Thanks

sirserafin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creatures by Legend Award?

Postby sirserafin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

If you use pdfs try to use function "Find" -> "First Circle" or so. Should be helpful.

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:31 am

i just read the books in advance an put little notes inbetween the pages where i think there could be simething that fit my adventure ^^

arma

Postby arma » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 am

This might be a neat idea for a community project, by the way (less so for something official because it would either be incomplete from the get go, or it would have to be updated with every new book):
Go through all the books and make a table with:
- LP Award
- book reference
- type (Horror, creature, Dragon, etc.)
- habitat (encountered in jungles, mountains, etc.)
(-maybe a special note if necessary)

There's a number of venues through which you could make these available, such as Tableau Infractus or as a living document on the edcompendium.
Best kaer anywhere.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:01 pm

You just reminded me that I've done it xD I have it on my phone and will upload tomorrow. There is just Circles and Monster names but i think it will also be helpful.
Duvvelsheyss

werefrog

Postby werefrog » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Would the people creating the game mind a list of monsters provided in a spreadsheet that would be sortable by Legend Point award, region found, or perhaps anything else a GM would desire.

It wouldn't provide stats for monsters, though, just what a GM would want to know when creating encounters.
Barsaive Emergent: , 1st Circle Elven Adept[quote author=griton]Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=ED_Chronicler]to quote Griton: Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=avantio][move]Werefrog FTW![/move][/quote]

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 pm

If you do create that including a book and page number to go for the stats would be useful, and likely to encourage the lawyers to decide the existence of this document is to the business advantage

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 am

Hmmm... I will do it. But during this week I've got plenty of work so you can expect it next week. :)
Name, LP award, habitat.
Duvvelsheyss

werefrog

Postby werefrog » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 am

Copyright infringement is still illegal, and those who hold the rights to it can sue you even if it is a business advantage.

That's why The Werefrog wanted to know from those in RedBrick that creating such a document and making it available online without charge will be acceptable or not. Granted, The Werefrog will create such a spreadsheet, but without approval from those who profit from this game and hold rights to the intellectual property, it will not be made available to others.
Barsaive Emergent: , 1st Circle Elven Adept[quote author=griton]Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=ED_Chronicler]to quote Griton: Werefrog FTW![/quote][quote author=avantio][move]Werefrog FTW![/move][/quote]

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:56 am

Oooh, that would make building random encounter tables pretty cool. I like it & would probably be willing to help as I have most of the ED3 books.

Return to “For Game Masters”