Light bearer PCs. How do they do for power.

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
thezombiekat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby thezombiekat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 pm

TLDR are lightered powers disruptive to have in the game and what sources are there for light bearer rules.

One of my players has expressed interest in becoming a light bearer. Story wise it would suit well, the party is 4th circle and has already defeated several horrors including a worm scull that was only trying to fear them while it destroyed some evidence and left (the evidence was of a project to crossbreed gnashers and goats so don’t go feeling sorry for the poor worm scull) and foiled a plot to corrupt astral space in thrall by using gnashers as a waste disposal system. So he has the credentials.

It would also allow me to draw the character more towards horrors than Therans (he is a highland troll) from the start of the campaign I had said that the Theran war would be a background to the campaign and not the focus, this players long term plans don’t respect this but being a light bearer could easily be used to straighten it out.

The only question I see is the powers they get, they seem incredibly powerful, also I am using the rules in Barsaive in chaos there is a reference that some of the ability’s are condensed from a previous sours that I can not find, and it is possible that there is a more resent source than a second ed book (I mostly run to second ed rules but pull some aspects from elsware)

Slimcreeper

Re: Light bearer PCs. How do they do for power.

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 pm

A goat-gnasher hybrid? Now that is a monster that would eat anything.

Kremlin KOA

Postby Kremlin KOA » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:58 am

It gets worse:
In Zombie Kat's Earthdawn, Gnashers shit pure Ristul into astral space.
This meant that the Mucker's guild plan to enslave Gnashers as waste disposal lead to horrific consequences.

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 am

Well what kind of results do you expect when you enslave horrors?!?1?

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 am

Hah! Those wacky Name-Givers.

Penagain

Postby Penagain » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 am

At this time the only Lightbearer resources are the 1st Edition Companion and the 2nd Edition rules you already cited. That doesn't mean they aren't on the radar for ED3--they just haven't landed at this time.
I write stuff.

thezombiekat

Postby thezombiekat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks for the info, although he changed his mind when I told him his heart blade is blood magic (he is a weapon smith). Between that and the focused anti horror mindset required he decided not to bother.

ManDrake

Postby ManDrake » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”