Planning the next campaigns

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ragbasti
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Planning the next campaigns

Postby ragbasti » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 am

Hey there,

My group has reached the the point where everyone is at 5th Circle now and also picked his 2nd Discipline.
So far we have mostly played the low Circle Adventures like Terrors in the Skies and some of the Old Shards Adventures.

But I'm at a bit of a loss now as i'm trying to steer them towards prelude to war, however i'm not sure what the best order would be.
I've got most of the adventures that are mentioned in the prelude to war "Potential Prequel" section and would like to play at least Shattered Patterns and Infected. However, I'd also like to throw in a few other ones that'll give the players some background before they jump into the big campaign.

Any advice on which ones are the "must-play"-adventures out there before going into the prelude to war ?

Telarus_KSC

Re: Planning the next campaigns

Postby Telarus_KSC » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Infected is really fun, and leads to Shattered Pattern (If I remember correctly). But you have to run the Grim Legion Band as an 'actual' group of adventurers. Play them smart, they've been in the village for weeks, they've setup contingencies, etc, etc. Moltaa should prove a very interesting challenge, as an Obisiman who lived through the end of the Scourge shouting threats back at the horrors, she should have many interesting Nethermancer tricks prepared (Bone Circle, etc, etc) that can be done ahead of time (so you can run her 'combat' with the spells listed for her Matricies).

The last group I ran this with decided to crack the Grim Legion via social manipulation, and managed to get Maloniel the Thief on their "side" (due to a charmingly mysterious Elven Warrior from Cathay), which was the tipping point because of the tension in this group of the Legion.

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm

ok, i'll go with infected then. sounds to be good to start off something bigger

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Ragbasti,

In terms of lead-up adventures to Prelude to War, Telarus has the right of things with Infected. The followup for this adventure is Shattered Pattern, with Blades after that.

If it helps, in Prelude to War there is a POTENTIAL PREQUELS section on p.8 which covers events leading to the adventures described in PtW.

This lists the following adventures (in order; all references to Earthdawn First Edition books):

Infected
Shattered Pattern
A Message to Vivane (from Sky Point Adventures)
Blades
Bond Breaker (from Blades)
The Vanishing Scholar (from Throal: The Dwarf Kingdom)
Carrul and the Therans (from Legends II: The Book of Exploration)
The Growing Bones (from Legends II: The Book of Exploration)
An Ancient Mystery (from Legends II: The Book of Exploration)

As a GM, however, you are more-than-encouraged to play around with other adventures or rearrange things to suit your campaign (or your players' tastes)!

Hope this helps!

Take kaer, James

earcaraxe

Postby earcaraxe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:19 am

im curretnly gm-ing mists of betrayal. I bet there is there an officail campaign where the characters get the everliving flower from parlainth, since it is said hiermon hired a band of adventurers to retrieve it for him. where can i find it?

arma

Postby arma » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 am

No, there's no such adventure.
Best kaer anywhere.

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah that adventure was never covered. It is part of the background for Mists of Betrayal. However, it would make an interesting opening rather than the Tureem introduction into that quest.

Return to “For Game Masters”