Down Sttrike Height

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anoush
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Down Sttrike Height

Postby Anoush » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:26 am

In a recent game, I had a PC Warrior (7' tall obsidiman) who wanted fighting a 6' tall opponent in a room with a 10' high ceiling. He wanted to do a Great Leap upwards and then a Down Strike. To do a Down Strike, it states that:

He must be in a stable position at least one yard above his opponent (either mounted or standing on higher ground), or must jump down onto his opponent.

Since he could easily leap up several yards, at the apex his head would be at least 1 yard above the foe.

But, does he have room to, given the 10' ceiling? Just how high above the target must he be to jump down on an opponent for a Down Strike, rather than leaping down from a stable platform? Where is the 1 yard requirement measured from?

This seems like minutia to me, on one hand, but on the other, I need to know when my opponents might be able to attack this way against the PCs, too.

etherial

Re: Down Sttrike Height

Postby etherial » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:16 am

Return to “For Game Masters”