[ED4] Legendpoints

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SweetJesus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ED4] Legendpoints

Postby SweetJesus » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Hey guys,

maybe a silly question, but do legendpoints get given independent from creaturekills now? I wonder because there are no legendpoints written beneath the creatures anymore.
Which strucks me because, at least for the really big ones you should get an extra amount of points or at least have an orientation. Only thing written there is the average circle of the creatures, does that have sth to do with the lp?

My current understanding is that the GM just gives legendpoints according to this diagram which shows legendpoints per game / circle.

I didnt find anything helpful yet in the Gamemasters Guide and wanted to ask you guys how the new system works.

Thanks in advance
Sorry for my broken english

cya

Baravakar

Re: [ED4] Legendpoints

Postby Baravakar » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 am

I like the way the challenge rating has been added in, but I will say that the LP award per creature made it easier to know how many of a given creature is appropriate. How many 2nd circle characters should a cadaverman threaten? What about 7th circle? With the LP award, you just do a little math, although it served more as a rule of thumb than as an iron-clad law.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:52 am

Razan_GM

Postby Razan_GM » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:34 am

Its kinda obvious to me that if second cirle Legend Award is 100-300, and Creature chalange is 2nd Circle, its worth 100-300 LP, you can give 1-3 those creatures as opponents for a single Circle 2 reward. For Warrior 2 or 3 would be good challange, for Trubadour 1.

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:12 pm

You are probably right. I don't have an active group right now (high hopes for this summer!), so I haven't really tried it in practice. Speaking of that, I think I have a dumb unrelated question I'll drop into this discussion. For horror powers, some of them have things like cursed luck as a free action. Is there any limit to that, like the horror can only use the power once per turn, or once per target? It seems like a simple mindslug is invincible if there isn't any limit.

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 pm

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:18 am

I believe you, and that is my instinct, but does it say that anywhere?

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:37 am

It's in the Talents section.

Ed4 Player's Guide Talents:Actions:Simple Actions - p 122, "Unless noted otherwise, a character may only attempt a given talent once per round."
And again in Free Actions - p 123, "As with Simple Actions, a character may only attempt a given talent once per round."

Return to “For Game Masters”