Healing spells

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Healing spells

Postby etherial » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 am

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

"Turns out your friend is only mostly dead..."
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Fusilliban

Postby Fusilliban » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm okay with Last Chance Salves and Death Cheats being fairly cheap.

I mean, given that it's a horror setting, that Last Chance Salves only work on things that aren't horrible evil monsters trying to consume all of our souls, and that they're most often used on the people who are the most empowered to push back against said monsters... I feel like people in a position to make/sell them are actually pretty happy to see them get bought for relatively cheap.

Plus, anyone who uses one, well... guaranteed customer for life.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:21 am

Hmmm... Quick question... Are horrors allowed to use blood charms? (evil laugh)
Duvvelsheyss

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 am

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

I am thinking about a horror with Death cheat :D
Duvvelsheyss

ArcadianRefugee

Postby ArcadianRefugee » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:26 am

Corollary: can you heal corpses? Without raise-the-dead magic, I mean?

Well, lemme back up a bit and ask a preliminary question:

Last Chance [Salve] heals and, if it lowers damage below one's death rating, brings you back to life; otherwise, you stay dead. Multiple salves may be used, but require an hour delay between uses.

So, question 1 is: are Salves and such cumulative? I.e., does the healing from a failed application "stick", making a second application more likely to succeed? Or is it a pass/fail situation, where each application is "starting from scratch"?

Question 2, then, is: if each use actually does heal damage, can one heal a corpse using a non-resurrection magic so as to increase the chance of succeeding with a followup resurrection magic?

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:54 am

Return to “For Game Masters”