Flags and symbols

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Magic_Octopus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Flags and symbols

Postby Magic_Octopus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 am

Are there official flags or symbols for the main kingdoms and/or powers in Barsaive? Or are flags not part of the setting? Some sort of shield device I think would be appropriate to differentiate between Throal's and Thera's military forces, for instance.

If there aren't any official ones, has anyone come up with something cool?

Barring those, I can always google stuff, but thought I'd ask.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Flags and symbols

Postby Mataxes » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 am

The triangular symbol I use as my avatar is the symbol for the Kingdom of Throal.

I know the t'skrang aropagoi have symbols they use (though I don't recall them offhand).

There may be information about that for other powers in some of the other books, but nothing springs to mind.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Belenus

Postby Belenus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Where did you find the Symbol for Throal? I knew they had one, but never saw a picture.
The Symbols for the different T'skrang Aropagois can be found in "Serpent River"

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:18 pm

There are either depictions or descriptions of most of the major power's Symbols, but they are scattered through different books. That would be a really interesting project. :) Here are some good examples of the Throalic crest:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ear ... thdawn.png
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/818SG5ThjQL.jpg

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:56 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhsvh2zaa4hjg ... l.jpg?dl=0

This is what I use as Theran emblem :)
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:39 pm

That's actually the shield Strikeback, isn't it?
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Elidis

Postby Elidis » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:22 am

Hi,

you'll find the symbols of the troll clans in the Skyraider sourcebook. And one or two symbols for orcs in the "Blades" adventure. Some ED novels have pictures and descriptions of Flags and Symbols as well. Thera has the sun as a symbol in his flag. The sun is surrounded by a few rays and within the sun is a circle, which repesents Thera as the centre of the sun :-) The Bloodwood has a symbolized Rose. Even a Iopos flag has shown up in some 2nd edition stuff, it looks a little bit like a dragon claw (from my perspective a good idea)

Return to “For Game Masters”