Running Earthdawn as a Newbie

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Scott Drebus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Running Earthdawn as a Newbie

Postby Scott Drebus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 am

I've found something to help me manage combat is to have a vertically oriented white board which I use paint or thin artist's tape to put a bunch or horizontal lines across it to make about 20 fields to write in. The bottom line I label "1", the next one up "2", and so on up through 20. When players roll initiative, I ask, "1? 2? 3? ..." and so on up through the numbers. When I hit a number a player has rolled, they give me their intended action and I write their name and action down in that field on the white board. Once all actions have been declared, I then work down the list and resolve actions, applying penalties for changed actions as applicable. It seems like tedious record keeping but it really goes quickly and keeps things organized and streamlined.

Tattered Rags
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tattered Rags » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:51 am

Wouldn't it be quicker to get the numbers and write down the names directly, and THEN iterate up for the actions?

EbonWarlock

Postby EbonWarlock » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:37 pm

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 am

Ardanyan's Revenge is good for a start!
Duvvelsheyss

Return to “For Game Masters”