Running 4ed with no GM Guide

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Running 4ed with no GM Guide

Postby Jaracove » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:18 am

This has probably been asked before and I'm sure I've mentioned it at some point. I was wondering how GMs are running ED4 without the GM's guide.

Are you re skinning creatures or just using name giver races as opponents?

Thanks all

etherial

Re: Running 4ed with no GM Guide

Postby etherial » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 am

You can mostly make do with using the GM materials from a previous edition. A number of things have been re-calibrated in the ED4GMG, but the fundamental mechanics have not changed.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah, you should be able to use stuff from prior editions without much trouble. If you've been playing for a bit and have a good eye for what numbers make a decent challenge, you should be fine.

The biggest thing is that higher armor ratings make a creature a little tougher than they used to be. A low Defense rating doesn't make the armor as pointless as it used to.

At this point, we're waiting on the final art (should be delivered in the next week to ten days), and taking that opportunity to polish and squash as many typos/bugs as we can. I expect the final PDF to be available by Thanksgiving, just after the final layout files are sent off to the printer.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:19 am

Cool!

I'll probably just use namegivers then, and eyeball the rest of it until the GM's Guide comes out

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”