Your One-Shots

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Your One-Shots

Postby etherial » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:39 pm

My Sci Fi Club is having its semiannual Gaming Weekend next weekend and I'm running a one-shot like I've done every time I've gone since ED4 came out. What sorts of one-shot adventures have you'ns run? Here are some of my plugs:

September '15: The Parlainth Palimpsest
Centuries ago, the level of magic in the world rose dangerously high and the barriers between dimensions grew thin. Terrible beings from other dimensions came to our world to ravage it for centuries of devastation called the Scourge. The magicians of Parlainth, the provincial capital, devised a clever means of escaping this calamity. They inscribed magical runes in every stone of the city's walls, buildings, and roads, and rotated the entire city sideways into another dimension, taking with it all knowledge of the city from every book, every map, every Namegiver.

The plan failed. The monstrous beings called Horrors had already infiltrated the city when it disappeared, and they feasted on the trapped people within. An ancient prophecy allowed the city to return to Earth and explorers have begun to cleanse it of taint, inch by bloody inch. Meanwhile, a scribe working in the Great Library of Throal has made the discovery of a lifetime - a journal whose ink had been scraped off, preserving forever the original text despite the spell that removed Parlainth from all memory. Can you find the lost treasures of Parlainth before the other treasure seekers get to it? Can you survive the Horrors that infest the city?

Earthdawn Fourth Edition is an epic horror fantasy game set in the Age of Legend. Brave the dangers of the Forgotten City and your name will be sung throughout the ages.

Feb '15: The Sky is Falling
Once upon a time, the world ended. The magic level of the world rose until the barriers between dimensions fell and beings of unspeakable evil known only as Horrors were able to cross over into our world. Fortunately, the Ancestors saw fit to build a magical shelter underground, where a city of a few thousand Namegivers has survived for hundreds of years. Until today.

The Sky is Falling is a one-shot roleplaying game set in the world of Earthdawn. Players will take on the role of Adepts, people called to wield magical power in defense of others. Characters will come pre-generated; no familiarity with the rules is required. Please bring 2 sets of fantasy dice (d4 through d20).

April '14: The Harwood Incident
It has been years since the Theran Empire shattered the political landscape of Barsaive. Triumph, a massive fortress magically lifted from the Earth through the foulest of blood magic, floated across the land and settled in the middle of one of the Province's key trade routes. An uneasy standstill has developed and commerce has slowly resumed.

A caravan will be leaving soon from the Dwarven Kingdom of Throal headed for V'Strimon, city of reeds, and you have hired on as a caravan guard. Bandits, Slavers, and Horrors roam the land, and now is your opportunity to come into your own, make a name for yourself, make the land safe for common people, and earn a couple of silvers to spend on food, weapons, and alcohol.

Bring a set or two of fantasy dice and come experience Earthdawn, the Age of Legend.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Your One-Shots

Postby Mataxes » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Are you looking for the actual 'promo text' from the program or whatever, or a brief summary of the story?

By the way, kudos on the Harwood Incident one-shot. I think that's super-groovy keen.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Well I've got a few that I've used over the years.

* Pilgrimage
This has often been used as my "introductory" adventure for ED at cons. The PCs are asked to track down a group of missing pilgrims, with a couple of wilderness encounters, some role-play, and the discovery that the shrine the pilgrims were traveling to concealed the entrance to an abandoned kaer, and the pilgrims have been killed and raised as cadaver men. (I plan to have it be the adventure that accompanies the free quick-start rules that will be coming out later this year.)

* Two Houses
Think "Romeo and Juliet" set in Claw Ridge, recast as comedy instead of tragedy. The feuding houses are a nomadic/scorcher tribe and a "city ork" merchant. The children have eloped and the parents want the PCs to track them down. Heavy role-play/investigation, little combat. Suitable for characters of almost any Circle.

* Into the Deeps
While excavating a new shaft, the miner's guild have broken into a tunnel that appears to be part of a forgotten kaer. The PCs are hired to investigate and make sure there is no serious danger lurking below. Traditional kaer delve, the characters learn the history of the kaer and the desperate circumstances that led to an ill-advised attempt to survive.

* Treasure Hunt
This is the one I ran at GenCon this year. A Troubadour has gone missing, and the PCs are hired to find out what happened to his expedition. The only clues they have are a "treasure map" in the form of an old saga, and the Troubadour's journal, which indicates he believed the saga pointed to the resting place of a legendary weapon. Plays around with some ideas about historical research, the vagaries of translation, and navigation in the lands of Barsaive.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:26 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:49 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 pm

April '16: The Garsun Trader Wagon
(to the tune of Wells Fargo Wagon from The Music Man)
O-ho the Garsun Trader Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
Oh please let it be for me!
O-ho the Garsun Trader Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
I wish, I wish I knew what it could be!

I got a box of firefly chalk on my birthday.
In Borrum I got a crystal buckler.
And once I got some uyglar from Thera.
Overland Trading sent me a hot pot and a firestarter.

O-ho the Garsun Trader Wagon is a-comin' now
Is it a huttawa or thundra beast?

Yes, the Garsun Trader Wagon is leaving for another trade mission to the hinterlands and is looking for some caravan guards. Sign on for excitement and adventure!

The Garsun Trader Wagon is a one-shot roleplaying game set in the world of Earthdawn. Earthdawn Fourth Edition is an epic horror fantasy game set in the Age of Legend. Players will take on the role of Adepts, people called to wield magical power in defense of others. Characters will come pre-generated and no familiarity with the rules is required. Please bring 2 sets of fantasy dice (d4 through d20).

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:23 pm

These are awesome. :D

Return to “For Game Masters”