A Unified Movement/Turn Mechanic. Thoughts?

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Unified Movement/Turn Mechanic. Thoughts?

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Last edited by Telarus_KSC on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

etherial

Re: A Unified Movement/Turn Mechanic. Thoughts?

Postby etherial » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 pm

This looks pretty similar in concept to the hex movement rules I posted in the House Rules forum. One thing that people particularly liked about that was how I resolved partial hexes created by right-angled buildings. My rule is that each side that is pierced, partially blocked, or fully blocked by terrain counts as one foe for purposes of Harried effects. This allows for real tight face-to-face combat when appropriate.

Also, if any player complains that 1 hex = 2 yards, I tell them that "a hex" is a Theran unit of measurement equal to six feet.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:02 am

:D That was percolating in the back of my head. I do like the partially blocked Hex rules. That'll have to go in for Combat scale.

freid78

Postby freid78 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:33 am

Last edited by freid78 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks fried :) I'll think about how to clean up the Roads/Trails rules (and they should apply at scales above Combat). I like your Random Encounter method, that's interesting.

freid78

Postby freid78 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:45 pm

About movements penalty, after some consideration, it seems good to have a fine granular approch, but kinda taxing while playing. I would skim down the penalty to +1 for hills and forest, +2 for swamps and such. On a battle grid, it's easier to have 2 symbols only about the terrain. Anything above +2 should be a +2 and a dex test of (5) to pass through.

Return to “For Game Masters”