obsidimen and group pattern

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kevsurp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

obsidimen and group pattern

Postby kevsurp » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 pm

I been running earthdawn on and off since it was first release and one of my players read the namegivers book and said that obsidimen dont form groups with
non-obsidimen and i read it he ask if it was in there in first edition i said not sure if it was but it never really matter to me as a gm.

He is running a obsidimen sky raider and the group is 5th circle and might form group soon.
so the question he ask is do other gms enforce this rule that if a obsidimen form a group with non-obsidimen are they linked to his liferock?
i never did before so i not going to now.

arma

Re: obsidimen and group pattern

Postby arma » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:13 pm

It's not really a rule, it's setting information. Obsidimen don't do it often and don't do it lightly, but they still may.
(And yes, it was there since ED1.)
Best kaer anywhere.

ragbasti

Postby ragbasti » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am

personally I would say if the obsidiman REALLY trusts his followers he will do it.

The link with the liferock I'd say no, however you could get a hold of the obsidiman's pattern through that bond and through that probably to his life rock

Also keep in mind even though these bonds are for life, the obsidiman will outlive pretty much any race

Drucifer

Postby Drucifer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Consider that the Obsidiman in question is already far a field from the comfort level of a regular obsidiman, being that it is a skyraider and spends vast amounts of time separate from the earth. I would have no issue with allowing it to form a group pattern with a group of adepts.

The Liferock would be a completely different situation. The Liferock is a separate entity from the obsidiman and will not receive any of the knowledge or experiences of the obsidiman until the two merge. I would rule that non-obsidimen adepts have no influence on the Liferock. That being said, there is the possibility of using the true pattern of the obsidiman as the conduit to penetrate the pattern of the Liferock.
Tableau Infractus
Tableau Infractus

Fans are the life blood of any game system... Go get some new blood.

BahtRastard

Postby BahtRastard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Gold and Silver we have not, but steel we have aplenty- Lathryus Vorpatril

Return to “For Game Masters”