summoning spirits

Discussion on game mastering Earthdawn. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DjMaFu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

summoning spirits

Postby DjMaFu » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:30 am

Hello everyone,

in my gaming group we have a Nethermancer and an Elementalist. Naturally a lot of problems were solved with summoning spirits. At first i was improvising the agendas and characteristics of the spirits on the fly, but after a while the summoning process became a bit dull because the spirits had no personality.

In order to freshen things up a bit we invented this .

EDIT: Link about elementals can be found

It contains guidances to create more fluff, depth and personality for the ally spirits in your Earthdawn campaign. Last week when Josh Harrison mentioned that he was working on the chapter about spirits in the new GMG i began to think maybe someone else than us might be interested in such a guide. So i compiled out collected ideas about ally spirits in this article. We have a similar guide on Elementals, but i'm still working on that to make it more readable.
Also, if noone is interested, i dont need to post it. :D

Note that we're not native english speakers so it might be hard to read sometimes. If you have problems, let me know.
Last edited by DjMaFu on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

kosmit

Re: summoning spirits

Postby kosmit » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 pm

This is nice!
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 pm

While the Spirits chapter in the GM Guide is not going to have masses of tables for random generation, the ideas presented here are similar to what I have in mind with regard to giving more "personality" to spirits.

Good work.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

DjMaFu

Postby DjMaFu » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:26 pm

cz1234

Postby cz1234 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Created this account just to say that your document is amazingly useful. I have an Elementalist in my group that is just now getting up to summoning stuff and figuring out how to make it interesting/fun has been a challenge. I can't wait to see your elemental version.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Agreed, this is very cool. Still reading through it myself. :D

DjMaFu

Postby DjMaFu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:01 am

DjMaFu

Postby DjMaFu » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:18 am

Aaannd here is the document about the elementals. It is now at least in a readable state.

Uploaded it now, because for the next few weeks there is no time to tweak it further. Hopefully you'll have enough to jump start your imagination. I'll post updates here, but not before the middle of may.
You'll find the document . For convenience i'll try to edit the first post, so new readers may have the two links in the same post.

Enjoy!

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Mon May 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Filing these for future perusal ... looks promising.

Return to “For Game Masters”